We invite scholars and practitioners to address questions regarding:
• the production, and interpretation of texts and interactions from an ethical perspective,
• the use (or abuse) of communicative strategies and tactics in persuasion, manipulation or the endeavor of ethical communication, as well as
• broader questions related to discourses of legitimization in corporate, political or media contexts.
Some suggested topics include
• Persuasion/manipulation in business discourse
• The expression of professional ethics in corporate discourse
• Discursive practices of corporate identity
• Leadership and management communication, employee-branding, employee buy-in, motivation.
• Greenwashing and pinkwashing
• Crisis communication
• Discursive legitimization of corporate activity in politics and the media
• Customer-service interactions, complaints, apologies
• Ethics in healthcare settings
• The ethics in/of business communication training
We invite proposals for individual presentations (20 minutes) and panels. The main theme of the conference is English but we also invite papers in Spanish.